5 Air Conditioning Facts
Air Conditioning is a common necessity in many homes and businesses alike, Air Conditioning is not only used to keep offices, homes, gyms etc cool during the summer periods, it is also used to provide warmth over the winter periods. However common Air Conditioning is there are also some unusual and less common facts behind the systems, in this light heartened page we are going to provide you with some interesting and unusual facts about Air Conditioning.
Air Conditioning Facts
- You wouldn’t be reading this article if it weren’t for air conditioning. That’s right, AC has played an important role in the development of computer technology and manufacturing.
- Over in America before buildings had central air conditioning, industries and even the government took a summer holiday along with school, imagine working with 2-3 less months.
- The first modern air conditioner was invented by Willis Carrier in 1902 for a publishing company in Brooklyn.
- AC allowed for exponential advances in medicine and human life expectancy. Air-conditioned hospitals helped defeat malaria, decrease infant mortality, inhibit bacteria, and advance developments in surgery.
- The US Department of Defence spends $20 billion per year on air-conditioning in Iraq, more than the total yearly budget for NASA.
Essex and London
Air Conditioning can have many uses except from simply keeping us warm or cool, you may not use Air Conditioning in the same ways as the above, however Air Conditioning will certainly benefit you.